Unfortunately, we only provide a few selected pages in English:
- Our regularly maintained list of international publications
- Presentation of the Norwegian mental health law that regulates the use of coercion in psychiatry
- Some numbers on the use of coercion in Norway.
Tvangsforsk was founded in 2008 and is financed by the Norwegian Government. Our objective is to promote Norwegian research on the use of coercion in mental health care, and to raise the Public’s and the Goverment’s awareness. Today’s use of coercion in Norway within the mental health care sector is allegedly too high, and could be reduced.
An increase in the knowledge on the use of coercion is neccesary to ensure coercion is used in a justifiable and quality assured way.
The goal of this network is to be an asset for those who do research within this field and for those who consider getting involved with this type of research. Furthermore, we have a collaboration with the Norwegian health authorities that is beneficial both ways.
Tvangsforsk has its own database, TvangsPub, indexing Norwegian studies done by Norwegian researchers. Some of the articles are written in English. You can find them here:
How we work:
- Strengthening the research-collaborative by arranging conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Build a network between researchers and collaboratives, both nationwide and worldwide.
- Give advice on how research in this field can be undertaken, both financial and practical advice to people who are interested in getting involved in this field of research.
- Provide better national statistics on the use of coercion.
- Increase the knowledge on the use of coercion and other relatable subjects to the public.
- Create awareness nad provide for an evidence-based public debate.
- Make sure that reducing the use of coercion is highly prioritized by the health authorities
- Collaborate with national health authorities to reduce the use of coercion within mental health care.
We are more than happy respond to any questions you might have by emailing: email@example.com